Step 1 – Navigate to the Magazines > Add New from the WordPress dashboard.
Step 2 – You will see a standard WordPress editor and post creation screen.
Step 3 – You can add a title and description to the magazine. The expected controls for saving it as a draft or publishing it are present.
Step 4 – Just like regular WordPress posts you can use taxonomies.
- Categories: You can select/create categories that describe the type of the magazine.
- Publishers: You can select/create the publishers for the magazine.
- Languages: You can select/create the languages for the magazine.
- Tags: You can select/create the tags for the magazine.
Step 5 – Upload a featured image from the ‘Featured Image’ field. Also, you can define a excerpt from the ‘Excerpt’ field.
Step 6 – Now scroll a little to the bottom of the page and you will see the magazine details section. This area contains the magazine details and the magazine management controllers. This area is divided into sections for easier use.
- Details: This section includes general magazine details, release date, frequency, price, magazine content boxes and other details.
- Files: In this section, you can upload the files of the magazine.
- Media: In this section, you can add a logo and cover to the magazine.
- Contact: In this section, you can enter contact information.
Step 7 – Currently, the magazine is ready to be published, but you can turn the magazine into a higher quality content by filling out the other fields. Below I will explain in detail what all the fields do, so that you can fill them in easily. You can also check out the demo of Loquet, it might give you a good idea.
- Release Date: You can enter the release date of the magazine.
- Frequency: You can enter the publication frequency of the magazine.
- Price: You can enter the price of the magazine.
- Content Sections: You can create more custom content areas besides content.
- Extra Details: Many details will appear in the magazine details field of the magazine. For example, opening hours, location, address, phone and many other details. However, you may want to add more or special information here. From here, you can create new information fields.
- Position of Extra Details: You can decide whether to add this new additional information before or after the existing information via this field.
- Info Boxes: You can add new boxes like existing boxes to the sidebar section. You can customize them according to your needs. You can imagine of them like widgets.
- Buttons: You can add some additional buttons you need to the sidebar section and direct your customers.
- Magazine Publish Method: You can choose how to publish the magazine online.
- File Upload (PDF): You can upload a PDF file for the magazine.
- Iframe Link: You can enter an iframe link for the magazine.
- Cover: You can upload the magazine’s cover image.
- Logo: You can upload the magazine’s logo.
- Phone Number: You can enter the phone number of the magazine.
- Email Address: You can enter the email address of the magazine.
- Website: You can enter the website of the magazine.
- Social Media Sites: You can enter the social media sites of the magazine.
For all areas where you select the ‘Default’ option, the selection in the theme settings will be used automatically.
With these features, you can visualize your venue and better promote your content.
Step 8 – Now that everything is ready, you can press the ‘Publish’ button to publish your content.