You can think of the collections as a album collection of albums. Before creating an collection, you need to create albums. Then you will have added these albums into collections.
Step 1 – Navigate to the Collections > Add New from the WordPress dashboard.
Step 2 – You will see a standard WordPress editor and post creation screen.
Step 3 – You can add a title and description to the collection. The expected controls for saving it as a draft or publishing it are present.
Step 4 – Just like regular WordPress posts you can use taxonomies.
- Categories: You can select/create categories that describe the type of the collection.
- Tags: You can select/create the tags for the collection.
Step 5 – Upload a featured image from the ‘Featured Image’ field. Also, you can define a excerpt from the ‘Excerpt’ field.
Step 6 – Now scroll a little to the bottom of the page and you will see the page settings section. This area contains the page settings and the page management controllers. This area is divided into sections for easier use.
Step 7 – Open the ‘Collection’ tab in this section. You will see the fields for the collection management.
- Collection Albums: You can select the galleries you want to add to the collection.
- Collection Style: You can select a collection style.
- Custom Collection Column: You can select a custom column.
- Custom Column Space: You can select a custom column space.
- Custom Image Size: You can select a custom image size.
For all areas where you select the ‘Default’ option, the selection in the theme settings will be used automatically.
With these features, you can visualize your venue and better promote your content.
Step 8 – Now that everything is ready, you can press the ‘Publish’ button to publish your content.