Step 1 – Navigate to the Venues > Add New from the WordPress dashboard.
Step 2 – You will see a standard WordPress editor and post creation screen.
Step 3 – You can add a title and description to your venue. The expected controls for saving it as a draft or publishing it are present.
Step 4 – Just like regular WordPress posts you can use taxonomies. You can select category, organizer, location and tag for your venue from the right panel.
- Categories: You can select/create categories that describe the type of your venue.
- Locations: You can select/create the city or country where your venue is located.
- Tags: You can select/create the tags for your venue.
Step 5 – Now scroll a little to the bottom of the page and you will see the venue details section. This area contains the venue details and the venue management controllers. This area is divided into sections for easier use.
- General Details: This section includes general venue details, working hours, venue content boxes and other details.
- Contact: In this section, you can enter contact information.
- Venue Header: In this section, you can create an venue intro with featured image, photo galleries, video or audio. If you leave it blank, the featured image will be displayed.
- Media: In this section, you can add a photo gallery to your venue. You can also add a custom background to the page title bar.
- Network: If there are social media links specific to the venue, you can add them in this section.
Step 6 – Currently, your venue is ready to be published, but you can turn your venue into a higher quality content by filling out the other fields. Below I will explain in detail what all the fields do, so that you can fill them in easily. You can also check out the demo of Evenchamp, it might give you a good idea.
- General Details:
- Working Hours for Weekdays: You can enter working hours for weekdays.
- Working Hours for Saturday: You can enter working hours for Saturday.
- Working Hours for Sunday: You can enter working hours for Sunday.
- Extra Venue Details: Many details will appear in the venue details of your venue. For example, working hours, location, category and many other details. However, you may want to add more or special information here. From here, you can create new information fields.
- Position of the Extra Venue Details: You can decide whether to add this new additional information before or after the existing information via this field.
- Sidebar Buttons: You can add some additional buttons you need to the sidebar section and direct your customers.
- Sidebar Boxes: You can add new boxes like existing boxes (Venue details, etc.) to the sidebar section. You can customize them according to your needs. You can imagine of them like widgets.
- Venue Address: You can enter the address of the venue. If you enter map lat and lng coordinates, will show standard map. If you enter the coordinates, will show designed map.
- Phone Number: You can enter the phone number of the venue.
- Fax Number: You can enter the fax number of the venue.
- Email Address: You can enter the email address of the venue.
- Map Lat: You can enter venue lat coordinate of the venue.
- Map Lng: You can enter venue lng coordinate of the venue.
- Google Street View Link: You can enter a Google Street View link. With this feature, your visitors can tour the venue area virtually.
- Venue Header:
- Venue Header Status: It allows you to toggle the featured header section on or off. This is the intro image/video/gallery of your venue.
- Image: You can upload an image for the venue header. If leave blank it, the image will come from the Featured Image field.
- Image Gallery & Image Slider Images: You can upload images to the image gallery or the image slider for the venue header.
- Code: You can enter your custom codes (For video, audio or codes styles) for the venue header.
- Page Title Bar Background: You can upload a custom background image for the page title banner. Recommended: 1920×350
- Photos Status: It allows you to toggle the venue photos section on or off.
- Photos for the Photos Section: You can create an image gallery for your venue.
For all areas where you select the ‘Default’ option, the selection in the theme settings will be used automatically.
With these features, you can visualize your venue and better promote your content.
Step 6 – Now that everything is ready, you can press the ‘Publish’ button to publish your content.