Step 1 – Navigate to the Speakers > Add New from the WordPress dashboard.
Step 2 – You will see a standard WordPress editor and post creation screen.
Step 3 – You can add a title and description to your speaker. The expected controls for saving it as a draft or publishing it are present.
Step 4 – Just like regular WordPress posts you can use taxonomies. You can select category, organizer, location and tag for your speaker from the right panel.
- Categories: You can select/create categories that describe the type of your speaker.
- Locations: You can select/create the city or country where your speaker is located.
- Tags: You can select/create the tags for your speaker.
Step 5 – Now scroll a little to the bottom of the page and you will see the speaker details section. This area contains the speaker details and the speaker management controllers. This area is divided into sections for easier use.
- General Details: This section includes general speaker details, profession, company, speaker content boxes and other details.
- Contact: In this section, you can enter contact information.
- Speaker Header: In this section, you can create an speaker intro with featured image, photo galleries, video or audio. If you leave it blank, the featured image will be displayed.
- Media: In this section, you can add a photo gallery to your speaker. You can also add a custom background to the page title bar.
- Network: If there are social media links specific to the speaker, you can add them in this section.
Step 6 – Currently, your speaker is ready to be published, but you can turn your speaker into a higher quality content by filling out the other fields. Below I will explain in detail what all the fields do, so that you can fill them in easily. You can also check out the demo of Evenchamp, it might give you a good idea.
- General Details:
- Profession: You can enter the profession of the speaker.
- Company: You can enter a company name.
- Short Biography: You can enter a short biography about the speaker.
- Extra Speaker Details: Many details will appear in the speaker details of your speaker. For example, working hours, location, category and many other details. However, you may want to add more or special information here. From here, you can create new information fields.
- Position of the Extra Speaker Details: You can decide whether to add this new additional information before or after the existing information via this field.
- Sidebar Buttons: You can add some additional buttons you need to the sidebar section and direct your customers.
- Sidebar Boxes: You can add new boxes like existing boxes (Speaker details, etc.) to the sidebar section. You can customize them according to your needs. You can imagine of them like widgets.
- Speaker Address: You can enter the address of the speaker. If you enter map lat and lng coordinates, will show standard map. If you enter the coordinates, will show designed map.
- Phone Number: You can enter the phone number of the speaker.
- Email Address: You can enter the email address of the speaker.
- Website: You can enter the website of the speaker.
- Speaker Header:
- Speaker Header Status: It allows you to toggle the featured header section on or off. This is the intro image/video/gallery of your speaker.
- Image: You can upload an image for the speaker header. If leave blank it, the image will come from the Featured Image field.
- Image Gallery & Image Slider Images: You can upload images to the image gallery or the image slider for the speaker header.
- Code: You can enter your custom codes (For video, audio or codes styles) for the speaker header.
- Profile Photo: You can upload a profile photo for the speaker. If you will not any upload an image, the featured image shows as the profile photo. Recommended size: 615×640
- Page Title Bar Background: You can upload a custom background image for the page title banner. Recommended: 1920×350
- Photos Status: It allows you to toggle the speaker photos section on or off.
- Photos for the Photos Section: You can create an image gallery for your speaker.
For all areas where you select the ‘Default’ option, the selection in the theme settings will be used automatically.
With these features, you can visualize your speaker and better promote your content.
Step 6 – Now that everything is ready, you can press the ‘Publish’ button to publish your content.