Once you’ve installed and activated Eventchamp, you’re going to want to create some events. This is actually really easy. Lets start!
Step 1 – Navigate to the Events > Add New from the WordPress dashboard.
Step 2 – You will see a standard WordPress editor and post creation screen.
Step 3 – You can add a title and description to your event. The expected controls for saving it as a draft or publishing it are present.
Step 4 – Just like regular WordPress posts you can use taxonomies. You can select category, organizer, location and tag for your event from the right panel.
- Categories: You can select/create categories that describe the type of your event. This selection will be used in the event search tool.
- Organizers: You can select/create organization or people organizing your event. This selection will be used in the event search tool.
- Locations: You can select/create the city or country where your event is located. This selection will be used in the event search tool.
- Tags: You can select/create the tags for your event. This selection will be used in the event search tool.
Step 5 – Upload a featured image from the ‘Featured Image’ field. Also, you can define a excerpt from the ‘Excerpt’ field.
Step 6 – Now scroll a little to the bottom of the page and you will see the event details section. This area contains the event details and the event management controllers. This area is divided into sections for easier use.
- General Details: This section includes general event details, dates, event content boxes, speakers, faq and other details.
- Schedule: In this section, you can create a schedule for the event.
- Contact: In this section, you can choose a venue for the event and enter contact information.
- Tickets: If you have an event where you need to sell tickets, you can create tickets from this area here. But this section has description and listing feature for tickets only. If you want to sell tickets online, you must first create a WooCommerce product and link your ticket to that product from this field. Check out this article for more details.
- Event Header: In this section, you can create an event intro with featured image, photo galleries, video or audio. If you leave it blank, the featured image will be displayed.
- Media: In this section, you can add a photo gallery to your event. You can also add a custom background to the page title bar.
- Sponsors: In this section, you can create a sponsor area for your event and list your sponsors.
- Labels: In this section you can add labels to your activity. The labels will be shown in the event image of the event list and the featured image of the event detail. Check out this article for more details.
- Network: If there are social media links specific to the event, you can add them in this section.
- Repeater: Is your event a recurring (repeating) one? You do not need to open separate events for this. You can repeat your event by entering your recurring dates in this section. Check out this article for more details.
In this section, there are fields that you need to fill in order to avoid various problems. Fill the following fields from the ‘General Details’.
- Start Date: The start date of your event.
- Start Time: The start time of your event.
- End Date: The end date of your event.
- End Time: The end time of your event.
- Expire Date: If you want it to be hidden automatically when the event ends, enter the date you want it to be hidden here. Check out this article for more details.
Step 7 – Currently, your event is ready to be published, but you can turn your event into a higher quality content by filling out the other fields. Below I will explain in detail what all the fields do, so that you can fill them in easily. You can also check out the demo of Evenchamp, it might give you a good idea.
- General Details:
- Attendees: Want to show the number of tickets sold or the number of attendees? That’s what this field is for. You can do it automatically or manually. Please check out this article for more details.
- Event Content Listing Type: You can choose an listing content type. After the event description, you can specify how other content (Speakers, tickets, map, etc.) you add will be listed (Section or tab).
- Tabs and Sections: After the description of your event, you can create the sections you want to show here. You can add speakers, schedule, tickets, photos, map, 3D tour, FAQ, contact form and custom content sections. They can add unlimited sections with and the design them.
Enter a title for the section from the ‘Title’ field and select a section from the ‘Type’. Specific settings will appear for the section you selected.
- Speakers: Select speakers to join your event.
- FAQ: Your visitors may have some questions about your event. Here you can create an FAQ section for them.
- Extra Event Details: Many details will appear in the event details of your event. For example, start time, end time, venue and many other details. However, you may want to add more or special information here. From here, you can create new information fields.
- Position of the Extra Event Details: You can decide whether to add this new additional information before or after the existing information via this field.
- Sidebar Buttons: You can add some additional buttons you need to the sidebar section and direct your customers.
- Sidebar Boxes: You can add new boxes like existing boxes (Event details, sponsors, etc) to the sidebar section. You can customize them according to your needs. You can imagine of them like widgets.
- Schedule Style: You can choose a schedule style.
- Grouped Event Schedule: You can choose status of the grouped event schedule. If you choose true, same dates will grouped by schedule order.
- Schedule: You can create schedule items from this field. There are title, date, time, speakers, description and image details for each schedule item.
- Venue: You can choose the venue of the event.
- Event Address: You can enter the address of the event. If you enter map lat and lng coordinates, will show standard map. If you enter the coordinates, will show designed map.
- Phone Number: You can enter the phone number of the event.
- Fax Number: You can enter the fax number of the event.
- Email Address: You can enter the email address of the event.
- Map Lat: You can enter event lat coordinate of the event.
- Map Lng: You can enter event lng coordinate of the event.
- Google Street View Link: You can enter a Google Street View link. With this feature, your visitors can tour the event area virtually.
- Price: You can enter a main price. This price will show on event listing elements and it uses in the event search system. Only enter a price, do not enter any price symbol. Example: 50. You can set the currency in the theme settings.
- Remaining Tickets: Do you want to show the remaining number of unsold tickets? You can think of this as the stock quantity of a product. As each ticket is sold, the number of stocks will decrease. In this way, you will not sell more tickets than you need or your limit. You can do it automatically or manually. Please check out this article for more details.
- Tickets: Click on the ‘Add New’ button and create tickets for your events. But this section has description and listing feature for tickets only. If you want to sell tickets online, you must first create a WooCommerce product and link your ticket to that product from this field. Check out this article for more details.
- Event Header:
- Event Header Status: It allows you to toggle the featured header section on or off. This is the intro image/video/gallery of your event.
- Image: You can upload an image for the event header. If leave blank it, the image will come from the Featured Image field.
- Image Gallery & Image Slider Images: You can upload images to the image gallery or the image slider for the event header.
- Code: You can enter your custom codes (For video, audio or codes styles) for the event header.
- Page Title Bar Background: You can upload a custom background image for the page title banner. Recommended: 1920×350
- Photos Status: It allows you to toggle the event photos section on or off.
- Photos for the Photos Section: You can create an image gallery for your event.
For all areas where you select the ‘Default’ option, the selection in the theme settings will be used automatically.
With these features, you can visualize your event and better promote your content.
Step 8 – Now that everything is ready, you can press the ‘Publish’ button to publish your content. Enjoyable events!